Friday, April 6, 2012

More Spring Blossoms

Some of the smaller trees are starting to show some green leaves and more flowering trees are in bloom even though we still have some cold nights.  This time the flowers are from MY yard!  We have a lot of grape hyacinths this year.


The japonica is sporting oodles of blooms.


The periwinkle is growing like crazy.


The creeping phlox are starting to come out.


This tree or bush just started growing in my yard and I have no idea what it is.  Any ideas? But it's got pretty pink blooms just starting to come out.


And I have tons of little wild violets again this year.


Along with my violas they are one of my favorite things in the garden.


And my next-door neighbor just started up the lawnmower!

2 comments:

  1. Spring is kind of slow and probably because of the cool night temperatures. The forsythia around here has incredibly hung on for three weeks now and is so beautiful. All the things blooming in your yard are also blooming here. My neighbor down the street has tons of violets in her yard--so pretty.

    We did yard work the past two days: fertilizing and spreading lime but so far no mowing although Rick put the mowing deck on Johnny and it's not working! :( Dumb tractor.

    Very nice photo of the japonica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The forsythia here has lasted a while too. Thanks! A big old bumble bee was appreciating the japonica too later in the day after I took the picture.

    ReplyDelete