Monday, September 24, 2012

Timid Tang

Tang is one of the feral cats that lives in our mobile home park.  He's so funny because he's very timid with people.  You even look at him too long and he runs away.  But when it comes to the other cats in the neighborhood, he's quite the social butterfly.

I put out a piece of old carpet for the kitties to lie on and it took several weeks for my two regulars, Van Gogh and Romeo, to finally curl up on it.  The first cat I noticed taking advantage of the cushy softness was Tang.

We have one cat that is the 'problem child' in the neighborhood named Sammy, and Tang even gets along with him.  My neighbors across the street have a porch with a cat door in it and there's a lovely big chair where Sammy and Tang snuggle together at night.  In the winter my neighbors hook up a heating pad so they can stay nice and cozy.

I caught Tang peeking into my next door neighbor's back door the other day, looking for their cat, Tigger.

 Can Tigger come out and play?

When Tigger does come out, they wrestle and play and hang out together.

Tigger is my buddy!

Here's Tang sharing a snack with Van Gogh.

Nothing like sharing dinner with a friend.


Ah ain't sceerd of no dragons.

Tang is quite the character.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Tang is cute! Who named him? Is he named after the breakfast drink because he's orange? Or is his name just a coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbor across the street who takes care of my kitties when I'm gone named him and yes it was after the breakfast drink because he's orange!

    ReplyDelete