Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring has Sprung!

Even though we were in the 40s yesterday with drizzle and rain, spring has finally arrived.  The rest of the week is supposed to be in the 60s.  We have flowers in bloom and flowering trees in their full glory.  A friend of mine has pictures of the cherry trees at Branch Brook Park in NJ on her blog.  All absolutely gorgeous.  Branch Brook Park comprises 360 acres with 4,000 cherry trees, more than anywhere else in the US.  You can find out more about the park here.

Obviously, I can't compete with that, but there are some gorgeous trees around the neighborhood that are pretty darn beautiful too. And in all sizes.  Here are a few I wanted to share.  I took the pictures yesterday morning so the light is not the best, but I think you can still appreciate them.




Listen, can you hear it? Spring's sweet cantata. The strains of grass pushing
through the snow. The song of buds swelling on the vine. The tender timpani
of a baby robin's heart. Spring.
Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider
Northern Exposure, Wake Up Call, 1992.



Just love this little tree.  There are even flowers on the trunk.





All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring,
I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar.
Helen Hayes





My neighbor's star magnolia is in full bloom.


And leaves are starting to come out on the trees.


My new blog background is my neighbors' plum tree also showing off its gorgeous self.  Hope you're enjoying spring beauty wherever you are too!

2 comments:

  1. I love those two little dwarf ones with the flowers sprouting from the trunk! You have leaves on trees and we don't yet, just on the smaller undergrowth. Filling in though, slowly but surely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Aren't they sweet? Not sure what type of tree it is, but I want one! Not ALL the trees have sprouted leaves yet, but after a warm day like today, they will be soon.

      Delete