Friday, May 16, 2014

Spring Update

The first flowering trees are now just about done but the later flowering trees like the dogwood and lilacs are in their full glory now.  We're really having a spring this year and not just a fly-by-night spring that's here today and gone tomorrow.







The iris I planted last year are also in full bloom and because of all the rain we've had there are scads of little violets.



There were foxes under my shed (see Night Adventures) but I think they left the day after I put the post up.  Now the usual resident is back - a very skittish woodchuck.  It's okay.  I'm sure he'll/she'll get used to me.  I think it might be a she since I saw it collecting leaves and things to make it a little cozier under there.  There may be woodchuck babies on the way.  Or not.  Good to have one in residence again.



A really beautiful spring!

2 comments:

  1. I think dogwoods are just about my favorite blooming tree in the world. So graceful, so beautiful. Those are little dwarf iris, right? I have some too as well as a big blob of purple phlox! Our spring is kind of subdued, but still pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogwoods are beautiful. And yes, those are dwarf iris. They've really spread just In one year.

      Delete