Friday, December 3, 2010

Purely Pugsley

Last, but certainly not least, of the threesome is Pugsley.  He's the only male cat I have.  He can't really take advantage of his harem because he's neutered (and all the females are spayed).  But, you should excuse the expression, he's a real pussy cat!  He was named Pugsley because he's always been a little on the chunky side, even when he was a kitten, and for some reason he reminded me of the chubby little boy from the Adams Family TV show.

He does have his mischievous side, especially when it comes to harassing his sister Sprite.  There's a real sibling rivalry going on there.  All families have their squabbles and if I hear any hissing or yeowling going on, it just might be the two of them.  But soon all is forgiven and just a little while later I'll see them sleeping next to each other.

Like Sprite, Pugsley has gotten darker and changed color a lot since he was little.  (I still haven't figured out where he and Sprite got their Siamese coloring - I never saw a Siamese cat wandering around the apartment complex.)  This is one of my favorite pictures of Pugsley as a kitten.  He had just been playing with my shoes and fell asleep right where he was playing.





Pugsley is not the smartest cat I have, but he is pretty sweet like his sister.  He's the one cat that will sit in my lap and want to be petted and have the top of his head and ears rubbed and all the while his paw is on my arm.  He's pretty much a pushover for the rest of the cats - Tanya will come along while he's eating and just push him aside.  He'll protest, but move out of the way.  With his Siamese-like coloring, he does have a mouth like a Siamese!  If you have one, you know what I'm talking about.  Pugsley's nickname is Mr. Bugs because he loves to chase flies!


All in all, Pugsley is just a little spoiled because he's definitely a darling of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment