Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's That Time of the Year

It was a gorgeous day today so I took a little walk through the neighborhood and Slater Park looking for some fall color.  My Historic Slater Park post was in February so now you will see what the park looks like with leaves on the trees!


A lot of the neighbors have fall decorations out.



This house was a little short on other decorations, but had the obligatory New England Patriots flag out!



Because of its color, this house sometimes looks out of place the rest of the year, but in the fall it fits right in with the rest of the scenery.


The fall color is not at peak yet - depending on the kind of tree you can see ones that have almost lost all of their leaves already right next to a tree that's still totally green.







This little sparrow was enjoying the sunshine too!


And the geese were all in attendance as well...




along with a pair of swans.


I really loved these yellow leaves with the red veins and just a touch of red.




My only disconcerting moment came when I was walking along in this seemingly idyllic setting and came across this!



There is no sign or any explanation of why it is there.  I'll let you wonder along with me about whether or not they could have found a better place for it!

The one big tree in the mobile home park is also showing its color.  This is what it looked like just a week ago.


Leaves were falling even as I took the picture and there were still some green leaves.  This is a picture of the same tree that I took today - already some bare branches showing.


I took the long way to the park going, but I took the short cut coming home.  A great day for a walk in the park.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got out and walked and enjoyed a beautiful day! Good for you! I like the pic of the leaves coming off the tree in the breeze the best. Our color is peaking now and it's beautiful. Like you said tho, some trees have already lost their leaves, others are in the process and some are just glorious! This is probably the prettiest year we've had since the year we moved here which still has not been topped.

    ReplyDelete