Thursday, September 26, 2013

Historic Slater Park II

In my previous post about Slater Park, I mentioned that there is a Looff carousel there. I only included one picture and said that I would have to do a post just on it soon. Well, here it is - not so soon since that post was over a year ago, but better late than never.  The Looff carousel that is in Slater Park was built in 1895 and was first installed in New York state, but it was moved to its permanent home at the park in 1910. I recently took a walk in the park and stopped at the Farmer's Market they have there on Sundays, and the carousel was open so got some more pictures.  Enjoy!
















Even though this carousel is really cool I decided I didn't like as much as the Crescent Park Carousel, which is also a Looff, because none of the animals go up and down!

No comments:

Post a Comment