Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Poor Pugsley!

My cat Pugsley has been going through a lot this past week with a urinary tract infection.  He was on all kinds of meds, including Xanax to try to relax him, along with his urge to pee!  He's been to the vet three times each time getting fluids under the skin to flush out his bladder.  He's had an ultrasound to make sure there is no blockage.  The past few days nearly every time I would clean the litter box, there was Pugsley two or three times, climbing into the box, squatting for quite a bit of time, with only a little dab of pee to show for it.  This last trip the vet (a different one from the first one that saw him) finally decided that the first antibiotic the first vet put him on wasn't doing a thing because his urine was still filled with bacteria and blood.  So another injection of different antibiotics along with a shot of serious pain meds.  When we got home from the vet last night, Pugsley was all over me, sitting on my lap the entire evening which he never does, rubbing against me and givin' me some good lovin'.  Like I said, GOOD pain meds!  Tonight he ignored me the first few hours I got home, especially since I was busy feeding everybody including me, but then climbed into my lap and continued with the head rubbing.  He didn't spend the entire evening there, but when I cleaned the litter box, no Pugsley. I definitely think the new meds are working.


So happy he's FINALLY on the mend!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Pugsley. And I know how much he *loves* going to the vet! Poor guy. And poor you, your pockets must be empty as heck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dolly is on meds now too because of her heart murmur. I definitely have holes in my pockets from all the trips to the vet lately. Even my holes have holes!

      Delete