Saturday, October 26, 2013

This, That and the Other Thing

Ever look out a window just to see what's going on and you notice a cat on your neighbor's roof?  That happens all the time around here.


My next-door neighbor's cat, Tigger, and some of the other cats in the neighborhood like to get on my next-door neighbor's roof and chase the birds that sit up there, especially when my bird feeder is full.  These pictures are of Spot, a stray.  Sometimes there's a big crowd of birds and they have to take their turn for a spot on the feeder.  And if a squirrel has taken over the feeder it could be a long wait. So the birds line up on the roof making a tantalizing scene for the cats. I have to say though they rarely catch one up there.

How do the cats get up on the roof you might ask.  Take a look at my neighbor's front door and porch.


The cats get on the railing, jump up to the canopy over their outside table, and it's just another jump to the roof. Easy peasy.  Plus cats like to be up high to survey their kingdom and the roof has a great view.


I had THIS visitor the other morning.


Had it been sitting in some leaves it would have blended in pretty well, especially in some brown fall leaves, but on the side of my house not so much.

And finally my cat Dolly really likes my new curtains.  I keep straightening then out and trying to tuck them behind the blanket on the chest that's next to the wall under the window. But then I look over and Dolly's got it all wrapped around herself like mosquito netting.


Yes, there is a cat in this picture.  Can you see her?  Not sure why she likes it that way, but to each his own. Or I should say HER own. My cat Sprite likes to do the same thing with the curtains in the kitchen and bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. I can't say I can look out my windows to cats sitting on my neighbors' roofs! How funny! I zoomed in on the pic of Dolly so I could see her. How sweet. Cats are funny creatures.

    ReplyDelete