Sunday, September 28, 2014

Murder on Manton Street

The story you are about to see is true; only the names have been changed to protect the innocent. Saturday, September 27th, it was warm in Rhode Island.  It was 2:00 pm when I went outside to get the mail.  I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye.  I witnessed the cat Marty, aka Romeo, throwing something up in the air.  It was a chipmunk.

The suspect.


The victim.


It was only the second time I'd seen a chipmunk in the area.  By the time I realized what the suspect was doing, it was too late.  The chipmunk was a goner.  The cat Albert, aka Tigger, was questioned regarding his complicity in the crime.


Eye witnesses saw the suspect eating part of the chipmunk later in the day.


By Sunday all evidence of the crime had disappeared.  A roaming opossum was thought to be the suspect's accomplice.

The suspect was tried by a court in and for the County of Providence.  Since evidence of the crime was lost, the suspect was acquitted and set free.  We don’t even try to prove that crime doesn’t pay ... sometimes it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment