Friday, October 29, 2010

Tree Tragedy!

Yesterday I came out of the shower to the sound of chain saws and wood chippers and my heart sank.  Not again.  I live in a mobile home park and just a few months earlier my neighbor two trailers down had the big majestic tree that stood so proudly in the back of her lot chopped down.  As far as I could tell, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.  I found out later from the park owner that my neighbor was afraid the tree would fall on her trailer.  (Yeah, well I could get hit by a bus tomorrow crossing the street, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to cross the street.)  And the park owner was afraid of getting sued if that should happen.

I quickly got dressed and ran outside to see what was going on.  Sure enough another tree was being worked on.  I desperately hoped that maybe they were just trimming it, but as the morning wore on and the sounds of the chain saw continued, it became pretty clear another big beautiful tree was coming down.









Just as I was getting resigned to this tree coming down, they started on another one - one of the prettiest trees in the park.


It made me sick to see those old wonderful trees come down and incredibly sad.  There are only three or four big deciduous trees left in the whole park and one of them is on my lot.  I'll chain myself to my tree before I let them cut it down.  If I get taken out by a tree falling on my house, then so be it.  I can certainly think of worse ways to go!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Those tree murderers! How will you know when they come for your tree? I hope you're home at the time. Imagine being gone and coming home to find your tree gone. This is so sad. Talk to the park manager about your tree!!

    ReplyDelete