Friday, January 28, 2011

A Slew of Snow

The Northeast got hit yet AGAIN with more snow - we got about a foot this time.  I really love the sight of huge snowflakes falling - you can HEAR them fall.  I just hate the shoveling you have to do afterward.  The last time we got a lot of snow we had thunder snow, but I didn't hear any thunder this time.

Did you know that snow is a result of an extratropical cyclone connected with a low pressure system?  Here is a graphic that explains how snow is formed.

Source:  WAOW

They say no two snowflakes are the same.  I know that individual flakes are works of art - like these.




But when you get so much it's hard to appreciate.  We now have piles of snow so high we're running out of places to put it.  Take a gander.






Here is 'my' flock of pigeons sitting on my next door neighbor's roof waiting for breakfast!


But the sun is out and already it's starting to melt.  The shovels are ready and waiting for the next round.

No comments:

Post a Comment