Thursday, February 24, 2011

Strange Snowscapes

I hate to dwell on our snow, but right now it's in a very strange state.  With all the wind and melting and freezing, and wind and freezing and melting, the tops of the snow banks are now very crystalline and almost looks like there are shards of glass sticking out of the snow, along with some nature-made mini ice sculptures.  Plus in other areas the snow resembles the surface of the moon, or maybe tracks from a herd of elephants - take your pick!  Well, here - instead of trying to explain it, I'll just show you.









I'm glad I took a few pictures because right now it's raining, and tomorrow we're supposed to get more wind, buckets of rain and 50 (F) degree temperatures.  With any luck at all by tomorrow evening our snow will be gone!!!  At least I've got my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment