Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spring to Summer

It seems like we've made a sudden leap from temperatures in the 50s and 60s to the mid eighties in one weekend.  Right now I'm listening to the fireworks going off at the baseball stadium a few blocks away.  Memorial Day's tomorrow so summer must really be here.  Today I got one air conditioner in the window in the living room and it will definitely be on tomorrow.

My garden is going great guns with all the rain we had this spring, but with this heat I may have to water tomorrow.  The columbine is all in bloom. I have white, blue, pink and purple blooms.



The rhododendren that I planted last fall is also now in bloom.


I have a late blooming azalea that is also full of blossoms . .


as is my clematis.


The blossoms are huge this year.


And the raccoon continues to drop by.


Right after I took this picture the raccoon heard a dog barking pretty ferociously and it took off for the tree in my backyard.  As soon as he reached the tree though it was very relaxed and just sort of draped itself over the branch as you can see.


The fireworks is over and a cool breeze is finally coming through my windows.  Wishing you all a safe Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment