Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Fantasy Fish

When I was looking for "purple" things a couple of posts ago, I ran across a page of all the most popular marine aquarium species of fish.  That was where I found the royal gramma that I included in my 'Purple' post.  Not only did I find purple fish, but many other spectacular fish that definitely got my attention.  Some of them look like fish created by Walt Disney.  I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you.

Flame Angelfish  Source:  Wikipedia

Banggai Cardinalfish  Source:  Wikipedia

Vermillion seabass  Source:  Wikipedia

Tassle Filefish  Source:  Wikipedia

Blackfoot Lionfish  Source:  Wikipedia

Yellow-banded Pipefish  Source:  Wikipedia

Splendid Pseudochromis  Source:  Wikipedia

Lacey Scorpionfish  Source:  Wikipedia

Sailfin Snapper  Source:  Wikipedia

Cortez Rainbow Wrasse  Source:  Wikipedia

Harlequin Tusk  Source:  Wikipedia

Achilles Tang  Source:  Wikipedia

And I saved the best one for last!

Mandarinfish  Source:  Wikipedia

I think somebody went overboard for that one.  If you want to see the entire page, click here.  There are many more to see and maybe one of the others will strike YOUR fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment