Thursday, May 10, 2012

STILL Wishing for Wisteria

In my last wisteria post (Wishing for Wisteria) I explained how the wisteria I planted several years ago has never bloomed.  And it still hasn't!  Here's what somebody's wisteria looks like this time of year.  I pass this beautiful little arbor over a driveway on my way to work.





This isn't the first time that I've wished there was smell-o-vision on the internet where you could click on a button and get the scent along with the pictures.  Now do you see why I really want wisteria in my yard?  Yeah, well, take a look at MY wisteria.


NOTHING!  Not a sign of life except one little stem where the leaves are starting come out.  So at least I know I haven't killed the entire vine.


Then I have a few little places where it looks like something's TRYING to grow?


Maybe.  I'll let you know if anything develops!  The quest goes on.

2 comments:

  1. Here wisteria grows wild in the woods. It also takes over trees and strangles them, completely taking over. I love the smell, but they are pretty parasitic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I'll have to go into the woods and dig one up!

    ReplyDelete