Friday, July 27, 2012

Another Freeloader!

The other day I looked out the window and saw the woodchuck eating out of the cat food dish!  Whaaat?  In all the years I've been here and seen the woodchucks, I had never seen them eat cat food before.   I thought, 'well, that's not good for it; aren't they strictly herbivores?'  Even though I have done several woodchuck posts, I had forgotten that they do indeed eat insects, snails and other small animals.  So eating cat food is not really 'off-diet', just another freeloader I can add to the list!  Here are a few pictures I took this morning proving my observations.  The first few are full of reflections because I had to take them through the storm door, plus it was a cloudy day.  Caught in the act!



After all that dry cat food, a drink of water is in order.





My neighbors' cat Tigger loves to hang out with the woodchucks.  I think he's fascinated by them.


Thank goodness I get plenty of dry cat food from the folks who have helped spay and neuter all of our stray cats.  They probably have no idea how many other animals and birds are grateful for their generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment