Friday, June 7, 2013

Rainy Reflections

It's been raining nearly all day today.  At times my patio under my awning was flooded.  After I took this picture I had a hard time telling which way was up.  I'm still not totally sure if this is correct or not.




There were two bright spots in the day though.  I was looking out of the kitchen window while doing the breakfast dishes and I saw my first hummingbird of the season.  The hummingbirds love my coral bells and they are in full bloom.



Naturally by the time I got my camera it was gone, so I had to cheat and find a photo of a hummingbird and the coral bells on the Birds and Blooms website!


I'm sure the hummingbirds have been around for a while, but they usually don't come in MY yard until the coral bells and the butterfly bushes are blooming.  I pruned the butterfly bushes somewhat late this spring.  They are on their way, but no blossoms yet.

The second bright spot came at the end the day with a photo op of Romeo and Tang.  Nothing like a snuggle with a friend on a rainy day in a chair that helps keep  you warm and your toes dry...


and another late day visit by a raccoon to end a rather dull day.


Hope you stayed dry wherever you happen to be.

2 comments:

  1. It was really dark all day here too with rain. I think we only ended up with 2 inches. The sun is out this a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what our official total was here but there were places in Rhode Island that got 5 inches!

      Delete