Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tolerant Tippi

In the continuing saga about my seven cats, the first feral/stray cat I took in when I was living in Georgia was Tippi.  I had had another cat named Tippy, but it was a male cat.  And when I saw that Tippi had just a speck of white at the tip of her tail, I thought I would name her Tippi II, only since she was female I spelled her name like Tippi Hedren, of course! 


I started noticing Tippi when she would continually sit on my window sill and peek in.  I started to get to know her by sticking a finger out the door and wiggling it around to see if she was interested in playing.  She was, and eventually she started coming in the door.  I still had the two cats I had brought with me from Colorado to Massachusetts to Georgia, and I was not going to bring in another cat unless the three of them could get along, so when I first brought Tippi in it was for a 'trial period'.  One of my cats Misty wasn't quite as comfortable, but Cookie and Tippi got along well.  (Cookie was a totally mellow cat I had gotten from a shelter in Colorado.)  So Tippi stayed.  Cookie and Misty are now in kitty heaven, but these three get along fine.

Tippi, Tanya and Yoda

When I first saw Tippi I thought she was a kitten because she was on the small side, but I now know that she's just a small cat - the smallest of all my 'kids'.  Small, but mighty, because she has no trouble at all standing up to Pugsley, the biggest and only male cat in the group.

Pugsley and Tippi sunning themselves

I call Tippi my 'anger management' cat.  It seems like whenever I get upset and frustrated she's there meowing at me as if to say, 'Calm down.  Everything's going to be okay.'  And how can I stay angry with her sweet little face looking up at me?

No comments:

Post a Comment