Monday, April 11, 2011

Signs of Spring

Well, you've heard me kvetch all winter about the snow, but FINALLY signs of spring are definitely in the air (and on the ground).  We've had two days of 60 degree F temperatures and Saturday I saw my first robin!

I explored my back and side yard Sunday, and look what I discovered.  My periwinkle is in bloom.


And the grape hyacinths are about ready to pop.


The japonica is full of buds too.


The tree in my backyard is full of fuzzy buds.



The columbine are coming up, and so is the Jacob's Ladder.



I've already had to yank out some crab grass!!


And there is a dandelion I need to take care of too.  Maybe it really is time to put the snow shovel away!

 
And the final sign of spring - I saw the little woodchuck that lives under my shed.  More on him in the next post.

1 comment:

  1. Your post today looks an awful lot like my post of yesterday! Glad the camera is getting a workout.

    Don't "take care" of the dandelion! They are so pretty! We've been brainwashed into thinking they are nothing more than weeds! ;)

    ReplyDelete