Friday, June 10, 2011

Confessions of an Amateur Gardener

If you read my 'Wishing for Wisteria' post, you might remember that I pruned my wisteria last fall hoping that maybe in the spring I would finally get some flowers (it has never bloomed).  I even bought several trellis screens for it to grow on.  Well, all spring I was afraid I had killed it because there was no sign of life whatsoever.  (In a way I was almost glad that it wasn't coming back because as much as I love it, it is rather invasive.)  It looked like some strange looking fork sticking out of the ground.  I had even gone to several garden centers looking for a vine to replace it, but hadn't found what I really wanted. 


Good thing because a few days ago I noticed that there were finally some leaves sprouting.  Still no blooms, but at least it's not dead!  And once they appeared the leaves have grown very quickly.





Maybe I'll get some flowers NEXT year!  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment