Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bursting Blossoms

We've had 70 degree temperatures all week here in Rhode Island.  This weekend and all next week we come back to reality with more normal temperatures in the 50s and low 60s.  But while it lasted, it felt great!  It was certainly enough to get the flowers and trees going, although it was very strange to be enjoying convertible-top-down weather and have trees with no leaves!


On closer inspection you can see the buds, but from a distance they look rather dead!  But other trees and flowers have taken up the gauntlet and proven themselves worthy of some photos.










And I would be totally remiss if I didn't include a photo of my assistant.


A neighbor's cat came to investigate as I was taking photos of the flowers in HIS yard.  Unfortunately, all these photos are of neighbors' flowers and trees - not mine.  And then I found these strange blossoms.


I had a visit from the skunk last night.  The woodchucks are back and there have been reports of at least two baby raccoons that I haven't seen yet.  Ahh, spring is truly here!

5 comments:

  1. What is that white-flowering bush?? Dogwood? What gorgeous multi-petaled flowers! I want one in my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what it is. It smells wonderful too. We have some at work - will try to find out what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, okay, but I still want one! Glad to know what it is and isn't! ;)

    ReplyDelete