Friday, March 9, 2012

Slippery Soccer

There's a soccer field connected with one of the neighborhood schools not too far from my house.  It's actually right next to the post office so I have occasion to go by it on a regular basis, plus I usually come home that way from my current temporary job.  The powers that be put up three black metal silhouettes of a dog on the field, I believe to try to discourage the Canadian geese from hanging out there.  Not a nice thing to be playing an exciting game of soccer and slip and fall in goose poo!  (It's all fenced in so dog poo is not a problem.)  Now that it's winter it's not such an issue, but come summer...  Yeah, well I don't think the "dogs" are working!




The day I took these pictures there was just a small flock, some days there are a hundred or more geese! It'll be interesting to see what they put up next.

2 comments:

  1. Geese are not as stupid as they look! We have one of those dog "scarecrows" on the lawn of the middle school too but I've never seen any geese there. We don't have a lot of geese hanging around. I guess you'd have to call them a dog scaregoose, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a ton of geese here. Any field, golf course, open space is filled with them. I don't think ANY flew south this year. They are everywhere!!!!!

    ReplyDelete