Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Erin
Where the wind has a sound like a
sweet song,
And anyone can hum it,
And the heather grows upon the hills
And shamrocks not far from it. 

Shamrock   Source:  Wikipedia

Source:  Wikipedia

Source:  Wikipedia

Irish Setter  Source:  Wikipedia

County Down  Source:  Wikipedia

Horse racing in Sligo  Source:  Wikipedia

Whenever I dream,
It seems I dream
Of Erin’s rolling hills
Of all its lovely, shimmery lakes
And little babbling rills.
I hear a colleen’s lilting laugh
Across a meadow fair.

And in my dreams
Its almost seems
To me that I am there
O, Ireland! O, Ireland!
We’re never far apart

For you and all your beauty
Fill my mind and touch my heart.

Enjoy your day!  For some Irish music and more pictures, click here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment