Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Another Sign of Spring

I caught a glimpse of a woodchuck a couple of times in the past week or two when I took the garbage to the dumpster down the street, but hadn't seen MY woodchucks that regularly show up and live under my shed.  But tonight when I went to feed the outside cats, I saw a woodchuck in my backyard.  Since there isn't a whole lot to eat out there yet, I took a couple of leaves of kale and a few peanuts and put them by the hole under my shed where the woodchuck had disappeared.  Guess this woodchuck doesn't care for kale because when it came back out it took a nibble but after a few minutes it took off for my neighbor's shed.  I also might have spooked it when I returned with my camera, plus Van Gogh was chasing away the gray cat the neighbors call 'the grandmother'.  (She probably is a grandmother, but she is also Tanya's mother.)  Anyway, it was good to see the woodchuck.  Maybe spring IS on the way.  Still haven't seen any robins though.


4 comments:

  1. I can't blame the woodchuck for not eating kale (uncooked). Bleh! I like it cooked in soup and crisped up for chips. Maybe it's a picky eater.

    PLUS.... you should watch out. I hear they have a lynch mob out after Punxsy Phil. Woodchucks aka groundhogs everywhere beware!
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/22/punxsutawney-phil-2013-prediction-forecast_n_2932895.html?utm_hp_ref=green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think MY chuckies are related to big Phil, but I'll keep a lookout just in case. Might have to go into the Witness Protection program.

      Delete
  2. P.S. 6 robins in my yard today plus the little harbinger of spring: the fox sparrow!
    P.P. S. ALL chuckies are related to Phil and predict the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, definitely not - it takes special powers to predict the weather and not all chuckies have it. :-)

      Woo Hoo! Good news about the fox sparrow and robins. I think spring is definitely on the way.

      Delete