Friday, March 29, 2013

Sociable Smokey

One of the neighborhood cats I haven't posted about yet is Smokey.  He is really a stray that my neighbors have pretty much taken in.  He spends a lot of time in their house and takes naps in front of their bedroom window, but he truly is a 'neighborhood' cat because he loves attention from anyone and everyone.  He loves to get on top of cars and then climb on your shoulders.  I've taken many a trip to the dumpster and either run into Smokey on the way or he will follow me there and then given him a ride back on my shoulders.  One of his quirks is that he will follow the mailperson on their route around the mobile home park.  Our regular mailperson is a lady who loves that Smokey follows her and talks to him the whole way around.





The thing about Smokey is you would never know that he is so friendly because his expression is so glum and seems as though he's giving you a dirty look!

Smokey

We think that he and my cat Tanya are brother and sister.  He and Tanya and Tanya's mother all look pretty much alike except that Tanya and her mother don't have such a severe expression on their face.

Tanya

I try not to encourage Smokey to hang around my house too much because as much as he loves hanging out with people, he doesn't always get along with my regular stray cats that I feed.  Maybe because another cat Sammy that also hangs out at my neighbors' house gets into fights with Smokey all the time.  However, it's usually Sammy that starts the trouble as he likes to jump on other cats from behind when they aren't aware he is there which I think, understandably, has made Smokey rather distrustful of other cats.   Smokey is a real character, as is my Tanya.  You can read more about Tanya here.

No comments:

Post a Comment