Friday, March 22, 2013

Where's Spring???

I just checked my post that I put up exactly one year ago today (Bursting Blossoms) - the temperatures were in the 70s!!!!  The forsythia and daffodils were in bloom along with many other flowering bushes and trees.  This year??  Not so much.  There's still snow on the ground.

 I haven't even put away the snow shovel yet.

The temperature...

Taken around noon today

the star magnolia...

 
the forsythia.

 
But there are hopeful signs like some 50 degree temperatures forecast for next week.  And buds on the star magnolia...

 
and buds on the forsythia and japonica.




There are even a few brave souls like my neighbor's pussy willow that's out...


and my neighbor's viola is blooming.


The signs of spring are around if you look closely, but we are definitely behind last year.  Spring can't get here soon enough for me!

2 comments:

  1. At least you got to 40 today which we did not! And at least you have things starting to bud which we do not! Love the pussy willows! Bring on Spring, yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pussy willows too and finally got the right light to take the picture!

      Delete